Monday, September 5, 2011

Mr. Pure Energy

My sister only got one ticket so she gave it to me instead and she waited outside for me 'til the concert was over. I was sitting alone in the front row and Mr. Pure Energy, went down from the stage, headed my direction, stood right in front of me, shook my hand, sang a few lines and went off. I was left frozen.

I just finished watching "With Love: Gary Valenciano" on ABS-CBN and was reminded of the first time I saw him when he did a concert in our church, that was about 9 years ago and I was around 11 years old. Days after that concert, I saved money to buy myself his album (my very first self-purchased album) and headed off to Alimall. But with the money I got, I was only able to buy the cassette tape of "Revive." Nevertheless exhilarated, I ran straight home, locked myself in my room, played the cassette tape, hopped onto my bed, and started listening to the songs while reading the lyrics sheet. I tell you, just from the first few seconds, I was already in tears. And before I knew it, I was bawling out. I didn't know why at first. But then I realized, "Hey, this isn't Gary V. singing anymore, this is God speaking... directly to my heart." It was like suddenly, refreshing waters gushed into my being and all the heavy weights I was bearing (Yup! Eleven-year-old's do have loads! HAHA) were all carried off to some distant place. A year or two later, I committed my life to Christ and have been serving Him since.

I didn't just become a fan of Gary V, more so, I fell profoundly in love with his God. That's what I admire most about this guy. He'd always point people to the Ultimate Source of Life. He was instrumental to my Christian walk (as perhaps similarly to countless others), and he continues to inspire me to do better and live excellently for God. I'm sure that when I get to heaven one day, I'll be lining up (not to greet the popular singer icon from the earth, but a fellow servant of God), shaking his hand again and thanking him for how he has allowed God to use his life as a living message and a channel of blessing for others. Thank you so much, sir Gary! See you there po! ^_^

Yes, not many are called to be in the same field as Gary V. But we all have our specific callings. We may be living different lives right now - there are eminent people, and there are anonymous ones - but those things won't matter. In the end, we will not be judged solely by the many good things we've done, but by how accurately we've lived up to the purposes God has specifically marked out for each of us. If God has called you to preach to thousands, then give it your all! If He has called you to make a difference in one single life, do likewise.

The prayer of my heart is that when I get to the end of my life, I may hear the Father speak the words, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy Lord."(1)

(1) Matthew 25:21

No comments:

Post a Comment