Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Humbled

This afternoon, I saw a video clip of three siblings from Uganda. Something which left me speechless for a few moments.

Romans 3:23 quotes, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." I am a sinner. I am unrighteous. And most of the time, I only think of myself. I am used to assuming I'm better than others. That's how I was raised. But thanks to the mercy and grace of God, since I surrendered my life to Him, He's been in the business of humbling and correcting me with love.

Seeing this video humbled me even more. God does not look at the amount of my good works. He measures it with how I use my resources for His purposes. When I go to heaven, I'll probably be surprised to see a multitude of unknowns who sit so close to Jesus, people like Jane - Sam & Esther's sister. They are people who lived their entire lives unreached by the eyes of the world, yet Jesus is their audience.

Like that widowed woman who gave of her two mites to the treasury. So little in the eyes of the world, yet so significant to Jesus. For He even said in Mark 12:43-44, "Assuredly, I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all those who have given to the treasury; for they all put in out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all that she had..."

God used Jane to humble me.

No comments:

Post a Comment