Thursday, October 30, 2014

It's all about LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.



This week, someone at work asked me, "Are Christians not allowed to drink?"

I told her, "Well, it's not like that. It depends on your convictions. I personally don't. But I know people who do. What's clear in the Bible though is that we're not supposed to get drunk." There's a lot more I wish I could have said. But time was limited and I didn't feel like the Lord wanted me to keep going.

The most common misconception about Christianity is that we're an organized religious group that imposes a bunch of "do's and don'ts" on its members.
No. It's not like that.

Genuine Christianity is all about love. Christianity is about knowing Christ and following His example. We are all sinners and we all have fallen short of God's glory. God is holy, and we are not. So it's impossible to have fellowship with God. That's why the Father sent His one and only Son, Jesus, to die on the cross and pay the penalty of our sins. He became a Mediator between us and the Father. So once we realize the depths of His love for us, we can't help but fall in love with Him! And when you love someone, you wanna do things that please them. That's how it's like with the Lord. We just wanna keep doing things that please His heart.

That's Christianity.


No comments:

Post a Comment