Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pray. Trust. Wait.

*lubb dubb lubb dubb* If you can hear my heartbeat, you'll know I'm nervous right now. Not a lot of my friends know that I love writing songs. I said "I love". I didn't say I'm good at it. But I just enjoy it. A lot. I love playing the guitar and singing to the Lord. I love the feeling of connecting with Him and being able to express what my heart feels at the moment through the lyrics and melody. When I'm singing to Him, He doesn't care if I'm out of tune or if my fingers get caught in the strings. He simply listens to my heart. It's one of my most favorite times with the Lord!

Then there are some instances when I would run out of songs that have the words that convey how I really feel. So in those moments, I'd sense a strong desire to let out my emotions, and that's how I usually end up writing a song.

I'm 23 right now (turning 24 in October!), single, with a relatively stable job, marrying age... I would be lying if I said I don't think about... yes, my future husband. This year has been quite especially hard. A lot of my friends either started dating, are getting engaged, or getting married. They're literally everywhere I can't even avoid them! Of course I know Jesus is enough for me! Of course I know Jesus is the only one who can satisfy my heart! But no matter how much I deny it, there are days when the silence gets too loud, and loneliness becomes unbearable. I sometimes wonder, is there really someone for me? Will he really be worth the wait?

So every time I feel like doubting, or feel like giving up, or feel impatient, I try to remind myself that Jesus has it all figured out! He knows my desires. He knows my needs. He knows my future! No matter how enticing it may be to do things the way the rest of the world does it, I trust and know that God's ways are better than ours. We can always try to work things out our own way, but our story will end waaaaaaayyyy better, when we let God write it for us!

*lubb dubb lubb dubb* I'm nervous again. So I've been wanting to post some of the songs that God has given me. But I've always been afraid. Afraid of not being good enough, afraid of being judged, afraid of being rejected... But I realized, "What if God wants to use these songs to encourage even just one person who's going through the same struggles?" Then I am robbing Him of the glory He deserves! So I'm taking a leap of faith, and I'm deciding to overcome my fear of rejection. And I think this is the perfect time to begin... :D

I hope you will listen to the lyrics more than the notes. :p But criticisms are always welcome and are actually solicited for! Praying it'll be a blessing and encouragement for you as it has been to for me! Don't grow weary. Pray. Trust. Wait!



Pray, Trust, Wait

Verse 1:
It’s a feeling I try to deny
But You tell me You understand
Oh why should I long for more
When all I ever need is Your love
Jesus, You satisfy my soul
  
Verse 2:
And the world wants me to believe
That I’m missing out on something real
When all of it are pleasures temporary
It’s foolishness to keep trying
To work it out on my own

Chorus:
Oh You’ve got it all figured out
Teach me, Lord, to pray, trust and wait
Wait, til the time is right
Wait, til I’m stripped of my pride
Til my eyes are fixed on You

I’ll pray, I'll trust, and wait

Bridge:
Jesus if it’s not from You
Then I don’t want it at all
If it’s not Your will
Then what good will it bring?
Coz You’ve got it all figured out

1 comment:

  1. Your "family" here in Singapore PRAYS for you dearly, sis! We TRUST that He will complete His good work in you, and cause you to come up higher in your walk with God. God's best takes time to be worked out, that's why we have to WAIT at times, but as we continue to be faithful, God will show Himself faithful as well.
    God bless you, sis!

    ReplyDelete