Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day

So today is Valentine's day and I went out on a date! We spent an afternoon at the park, just me and the Lord. 
I would be lying if I said that I didn't wish I was spending this day with the person that God has prepared for me. But I would be foolish too if I said that this day would have been perfect if that was so. Because for me, this moment is perfect! Just as it is! Just me and Jesus. This is beautiful! It couldn't get any better than this and I wouldn't have spent this day any other way!
I opened my facebook and instagram this morning and it was flooded with so many pictures of girls taking pictures of the flowers or chocolates or gifts their guy or their fathers gave them, or selfies of couples on a date. It was pretty intense. But much to my surprise, I wasn't jealous. I was happy. I was genuinely happy. God gave me a sense of peace and assurance in my heart, that His love is all that I need, His love is enough, and His love alone satisfies.
Disney movies, hollywood love stories, and love songs has shaped my idea of a perfect love story. But when I became a Christian, I realized that the greatest love story was when Jesus proposed to me on the cross! He died that I may live! What could be more perfect than that love?! Don't get me wrong. Falling in love and finding the person God has prepared for me is an amazing blessing. But if I think that that is what will satisfy my heart, I will always end up thirsting for more.
As I was writing on my journal and talking to the Lord, a cute tiny green bug decided to say hello.
I felt like God sent this beautiful creature to remind me of His love. If He cares about the tiniest details in this bug's body and made it so intricate and so beautiful, how much more would He do so for me? God, the Creator of the universe, Maker of the heavens and the earth, is writing my love story right now! Ahhh! I'm so excited for that day when He finally unfolds everything before my eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment