Saturday, November 30, 2013

My Father Knows Me!

Yesterday was a day I will never forget. I got to volunteer as a nurse at Bless Fest 2013. It's something that my church does every year to bless the homeless people during Thanksgiving day. I have no idea how many people came but there were about 1500 volunteers from different churches all over Vegas.

I came there with a heart to bless others. But instead, it was I, that God ministered to. I met a homeless couple who are over 60 years old. I saw this Asian lady waiting in line to be seen by the doctor and felt like God wanted me to talk to her. So I came to her and started a conversation. I found out she was from South Korea, and so I started sharing to her how much I know about her country and how I want to become a missionary in North Korea. While we were talking, the other guy sitting next to her kept joining our conversation. At first I thought he just wanted to talk, but later on I found out they're actually a couple. They didn't tell me a lot about their story. For some reason, I felt like they were more interested to bless me than to be sharing about how much they struggle in life. They're both believers and are struggling to find a job at their age. Suddenly, the guy asked me, "Are you married?" He probably saw my purity ring and thought it was a marriage ring. I said I was single. And he said, "Pray that the Lord will bring a good man into your life." For some reason, his words warmed my heart. It was the first time someone cared enough about my love life. Somehow, I felt genuine love and concern from a total stranger.

As we ended our conversation, I asked if I could pray for them. After I was done praying, the guy offered to pray for me too. He prayed that God would bless me and bring me a good man who will take care of me and love me unconditionally. It was a precious moment.

This morning, as I was reflecting on what happened yesterday, God suddenly opened my eyes. He showed me that He sent that man, to let me feel how it's like to have a father for one day. I grew up not knowing what it's like to have a dad and I have been praying that God will bless me with a spiritual father. Yesterday, I realized that even though it was just for a brief moment, He answered my prayer. At that moment, I broke down in tears. For a short time, I felt how it was like to have a father who made me feel that I am important in his eyes, and that I am worthy of finding a good man who will take care of me and value me as God's precious daughter.

These past couple of months, I've been praying about my future husband. But somehow, I felt so silly to be thinking about this thing. I guess it's because I know I only long for it because I think getting married will solve my loneliness and will get rid of all my insecurities. But I know that's not true. Finding a future partner won't solve our problems. Once we get married, we will realize that God is still the lover of our souls and He is all we need.

I feel like no one really understands how I feel and no one is really genuinely interested to hear what I have to say about these things. But I feel like God is telling me right now, "Adelle, I'm just like that old man too. Even though you didn't have an earthly father, I am your Father. You are my precious daughter and I care about you. And even though it sounds like a silly thing, I care about your love life. I understand how you feel and I am willing to listen to what you have to say. But I don't want you to worry about this area in your life. Focus on Me, because no other love can satisfy more than the love I have for you. But I want you to know that I am preparing someone for you. Someone who knows you're worth. Someone who understands that he can't mess up with the precious daughter of the King. Someone who will give his best to love you as I love the church. Someone who will keep you focused on Me and keep you in the center of My will for your life."

There's just something so comforting and heart-warming in knowing that our Father knows us. He knows and He understands the inner longings and aches of our hearts. He knows how we think. He knows every fiber of our being. He knows our strengths and our weaknesses, our good deeds and our faults, yet He loves us just the same!

My Father knows me!

No comments:

Post a Comment