Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Endure as Christ Endured

Even if I thought she was giving me a hard time, I did everything she told me to. But now she hates me. I don't understand why. All I know is that it's so painful, it's almost worse than a real wound. I want to say something. I want to defend myself. I want to tell her I did nothing wrong... that I don't deserve to be hated like this. My eyes are swollen from crying so hard. I'm not after proving that I'm right and she's wrong. I just want to fix the problem. But nothing I can do or say now will make any difference. Jesus, I'm giving it all to You.

Sometimes, saying nothing is the best response. Even if we have all the right reasons to speak, if the situation does not call for it, it's best to keep it all in and surrender everything to God.

I already feel like the pain is unbearable. But I know I'm still nowhere near what Jesus suffered in order to pay the debt for our sins. Jesus was condemned for all the wrong reasons. The blameless Lamb of God, He had all the right reasons to defend Himself from the accusations hurled against Him. But He chose to remain silent. He bore all the torture and shame which He did not deserve.

Who are we now to say, "God, this is too much"? No, we must endure. And we will endure...

"...My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." - 2 Cor. 12:9

"Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus." - 2 Tim 2:3

No comments:

Post a Comment