Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Dream Giver


In 2009, someone gave me this journal. I write on it whenever the Lord tells me something about the future. It came at a perfect time when I was close to graduating from college, and God has begun to stir up these desires in my heart. Desires for something more. Desires for something beyond me. Desires to be who God created me to be and to maximize the potentials and the gifts and talents He has entrusted me with.


I don't understand it all the time. But every now and then I would get this really antsy feeling inside of me and I feel like I'm gonna explode if I don't do something right away. Thoughts like these would pop up in my head, "Lord, am I really where you want me to be at the moment? Where do you want me to go? What do you want me to do? Do you want me to quit my job? Apply somewhere else? Consider going back to school? Move someplace else? Whaaattt?" It's like something inside of me can't wait to break free!

Maybe that's the little dreamer device that God has built in inside of me to remind me that He has me here for a purpose and that I shouldn't waste any time or energy on things that don't really direct me towards the goal that He has set for me to hit.

God is our Dream Giver. In Psalm 37:4 it says, "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Most people take it as God grants whatever desires you have in Your heart as long as you seek Him. But for me, it's like this, "As we delight ourselves in Him, He gives us desires in our heart towards the things He has for us. It's as though He copies the desires in His heart and puts them in ours so that we become one with Him in purpose and direction."

It's an amazing blessing to know that your dreams are never too big because you know that if it was from the Dream Giver, it's gonna be Him who will lead you to it. And at the end of the day, He will receive the glory that is due Him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment