Saturday, April 27, 2013

My Secret Place


I miss this. I used to love sitting on this spot, looking over the beautiful view, hearing the train and cars pass by, seeing people on the streets as they rush to work or school early in the morning just before sunrise, or watching my neighbors' lights go off one by one at night as I enjoy the cold evening breeze. I would sit there just conversing with Jesus or playing my guitar and singing songs to Him.

The balcony was my favorite spot in the house. Each time I felt lonely, I'd go there and pray, and I'd feel God's warmth comfort me. It was my hiding place, my secret place. There were times that the daily struggles would just so overwhelm me that I'd look forward to coming home and going there to meet with my God and just lay at His feet all the heavy baggage I've been carrying. I'd close the blinds, shut the door, and stay there until all my tears dried up. I'd come out feeling so light, refreshed, happy, and satisfied. I just encountered the living God!



When I moved out here to Vegas, I immediately looked for a similar spot, and fell in love with the couch at the backyard. Although it was always covered with tiny desert dusts and I always felt like my nose was a vacuum suctioning them all in with every breath I took, and our backyard looked like a wilderness, I still loved it there. In the morning, I would hear birds chirping.



I remember how Moses would go to the tabernacle to meet with God and Joshua would wait outside and linger in God's presence. Each time they wanted to meet with God, they had to go to a physical tabernacle. But that was the old covenant, before Jesus' death and resurrection tore the veil and made the way for us to approach God unrestricted by the laws. What a blessing!

God made me realize that it doesn't matter where we spend time with Him. As long as we are there for one sole purpose, which is to seek His face, then He will come meet with us. Anywhere we go to make an altar of praise, that is where God's presence will dwell. And where the presence of God is, that is our secret place.

Where do you love to spend time with God? ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment