Monday, April 25, 2011

Sunglasses and God's Beauty


4:45 PM. Long drive home from a weekend Zambales-Olongapo family trip. Everyone's all tired and asleep. I'm still awake with so many thoughts running through my mind. Conversing with God and laying down my heavy baggages at His feet. Initially trying to justify my actions and accusations against some people who've hurt me in the past. Then trying to ask forgiveness for not feeling sorry for my anger. Figuring out why I'm not. And finally accepting the grace to overlook the offenses made against me.


Out the car window, I see the sunset. Beautiful, however, a little too bright. I put on my sunglasses. And in that snap, came a personal revelation from God.

Sometimes, it's difficult to behold the beauty of what's right in front of us because we only see it as some annoying and blinding bright light. But when we go through dark stages in life, we gain the strength to look at the beauty of God's works. Just like after wearing sunglasses, we can then appreciate His glory and splendor more. Thank You, Lord for the difficult times in my life. Because of those times, I have developed an eye for a greater appreciation of Your beauty. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment